MHFA Course Registration Form
Would you know how to help?
We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Mental ill health can strike at any time and can affect people from all walks of life. Stigma still exists around mental ill health. As a society, we don’t tend to know how to take care of our mental health like we do our physical health. This means that people may not know how to support a friend, family member or colleague experiencing a mental health issue, or where to go for support with their own mental health.
Become a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
- Gain a deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own.
- Practice skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Grow confidence to step in, reassure and support someone in distress.
- Enhance interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Have the knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
All of our Instructors are approved MHFA England Instructors
- Post course access to MHFA England’s shared learning portal and a growing network of influential trainers and facilitators
- MHFA Handbook 2020
- Certification on completion of the course
To register for any of the upcoming courses, please fill out the form below.
We look forward to seeing you soon.